1) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin unveiled the mascot and the logo named ‘Thambi’ for the FIDE Chess Olympiad in Chennai. “Thambi” in Tamil means younger brother.
▪️Tamil Nadu :-
➨ CM – M K Stalin
√ Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve (STR)
➨ Kalakkad Mundanathurai Tiger Reserve (KMTR)
2) The Himachal Pradesh Cabinet approved the Himachal Pradesh Drone Policy 2022 with the objective of promoting drone-enabled technology to usher in economic prosperity and create employment opportunities.
▪️ Himachal Pradesh:-
Chief Minister:- Jai Ram Thakur
Governor:- Rajendra Vishwanathi
➠ Kinnaura tribe, Lahaule tribe, Gaddi tribe and Gurjar tribe
✓ Sankat Mochan Temple.
✓ Tara Devi Temple
✓ Great Himalayan National Park
☆ Pin Valley National Park
☆ Simbalbara National Park
☆ Inderkila National Park
Mithali Raj, captain of India’s women’s ODI and Test teams, announced her retirement from all formats of international cricket.
Raj is considered one of the top Indian players in the game. He made his international debut in 1999 and played great cricket in all formats.
Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore have designed a new class of artificial peptides or miniproteins, which they say can inactivate viruses such as SARS-CoV-2.
Miniproteins can not only prevent the entry of viruses into our cells, but also bind the virus particles together, thereby reducing their ability to infect.
5) Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya released the 4th State Food Security Index.
• A report has been prepared by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to measure the performance of the States in five parameters of food safety.
6) Tokyo Paralympics winner Avani Lekhara won the gold medal with a world record score of 250.6 in the women’s 10m air rifle standings SH1 at the Para Shooting World Cup in Châtoroux , France.
7) Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched India’s first domestic COVID-19 vaccine, AnoCovacs, for animals produced by the ICAR-National Research Centre on Equine (NRCE) in Haryana .
▪️Indian Council of Agricultural Research:-
Founded – 16 July 1929
Chairman – Minister of Agriculture
Director – Trilochan Mohapatra
Motto – Agricultural Search with Human Touch
Headquarters – New Delhi
8) Maruti Suzuki India Limited (company) has set up a 20 MWP1 solar power plant at Manesar in Haryana.
The initiative will contribute 28,000 MWH2 per year to the company’s energy needs.
9) The duo of Manish Narwal and Singhraj Adhana captured the silver medal in the mixed team 50m pistol SH1 event at the ongoing Chetoroux Para-Shooting World Cup , winning the fifth medal for India at the event.
10) Ramakrishna Mukkavili has become the first Indian to be identified as a Global Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Pioneer for Water Management by the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC).
11) Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the Single Nodal Agency (SNA) Dashboard of the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) in New Delhi.
12) The Central Government has launched the National Awards Portal to invite nominations for various awards of various ministries, departments and agencies to ensure transparency and public participation.
13) Mayank Kumar Agarwal, Director General, Doordarshan and Doordarshan News has been given the additional charge of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Prasar Bharati.
14) Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya launched the “Ayurveda Diet” logo on the occasion of World Food Safety Day.
15) Sikkim Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang declared the Blue Duke as the state butterfly.
The Blue Duke is unique to Sikkim and the Eastern Himalayas. It was discovered in the state in 1858.
Chief Minister – Prem Singh Tamang
Governor – Ganga Prasad
Fambong Lho Wildlife Sanctuary
Barsi Rhododendron Wildlife Sanctuary
Khangchendzonga National Park
Pangolkha Wildlife Sanctuary
16) India’s leading sports management college, the International Institute of Sports Management (IISM) launched India’s first book on sports marketing.
The first book titled “Business of Sports: The Winning Formula for Success” written by Vineet Karnik was launched by the Hon’ble Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari, Governor of Maharashtra.
Sanjay Gandhi (Borivali) National Park
✓ Tadoba National Park
✓ Navegaon National Park
☆ Gugamal National Park
☆ Chandoli National Park
The World Day of International Justice is observed every year on 17 July to remember all the advocates who work towards bringing justice to the victims of international criminal acts such as humanity, genocide or war crimes, and who assist in the protection of human rights of such persons.
18) Double Olympic medallist PV Sindhu won the Singapore Open Super 500 trophy by defeating Wang Zhi Yi of China in the women’s singles final.
Sindhu is only the third Indian to win the $3.7 million tournament, earning $27,750. Saina Nehwal (2010) and B Sai Praneeth (2017) are India’s previous winners.
DOWNLOAD PDF HERE