In this post, we share current affairs pdf that helps your all competitive
exam.[mtouchquiz id=2 showanswers=now hints=off] [WpProQuiz 1] [mtouchquiz id=1 showanswers=now hints=off]
Current Affairs PDF || 14-12-2022 || Download PDF
An Indian-origin __ has made the first vice president of the Federal Reserve.
A. Sushmita Shukla B. SavitaVaidyanathan
C. Shanti Sethi D. Arun Milan
Answer- A. Sushmita Shukla
• Indian-origin Sushmita Shukla has been appointed as the first vice president and chief operating officer of the Federal Reserve Bank in New York.
• Now she has become the second-highest officer of this prestigious central bank.
• Shukla has been appointed as the first vice president and chief operating officer by the board of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and the appointment will come into effect from March 2023.
The government has extended the rooftop solar scheme till March __.
A. 2030 B. 2028
C. 2026 D. 2027
• Answer- C. 2026
• The government extended the rooftop solar scheme till March 2026.
• Under the scheme, the government gives a subsidy of Rs 14,588 per kWh (for capacity up to 3 kW).
• For the implementation of the scheme, a national portal was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on July 30, 2022. Gujarat ranks first in terms of total rooftop solar installations.
How many will Khelo India centres be opened across the country by August 15, 2023?
A. 900 B. 1000
C. 1200 D. 1100
Answer- B. 1000
• Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Anurag Thakur informed the LokSabha on 9 December 2022 that one thousand Khelo India Sports Centres will be set up in the country by 15 August 2023.
• He said the government has approved 773 centres so far.
• There will be one Khelo India Sports Centre in at least every district of the country.
The Election Commission has changed the name of Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao’s party from Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) to __.
A. Rashtra Seva Samiti (RSS) B. Bharat Rashtra Samiti (BRS)
C. Chandrashekhar Rashtra Samiti (CRS) D. Mukhyamantri Rashtra Samiti (MRS)
Answer- B. Bharat RashtraSamiti (BRS)
• The Election Commission has accepted the proposal to rename Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) as Bharat RashtraSamiti (BRS).
• In fact, on October 5, the TRS passed a resolution to change the party’s name from TRS to BRS.
British PRIME Minister Rishi Sunak has announced a partnership between the UK, Italy and Japan to build future fighter jets. This will be called _.
A. Template B. Tempest
C. Temphyte D. Typhoon
Answer- B. Tempest
• British PRIME Minister Rishi Sunak has announced a partnership between the UK, Italy and Japan to build future fighter jets. It will be called “Tempest”.
• It is conceived as a sixth-generation stealth fighter with multiple capabilities. It will have the capacity to carry out manned or unmanned operations.
In December 2022, which state unveiled Asia’s first drone delivery hub and network in partnership with startup Tech Eagle?
A. Assam B. Arunachal Pradesh
C. Meghalaya D. Manipur
Answer- C. Meghalaya
• The Meghalaya government in partnership with startup Tech Eagle has unveiled Asia’s first drone delivery hub and network.
• It aims to provide universal access to healthcare for netizens.
• It will provide vital supplies such as medicines, clinical samples, vaccines, blood and blood components.
Which of the following has become India’s first payment gateway to support credit cards on UPI?
A. Bill Desk B. Payu
C. Cashfree D. Razorpay
Answer- D. Razorpay
• RazorPay has become India’s first payment gateway to support credit cards on UPI.
• This comes after NPCI announced on October 4, 2022, that the RuPay credit card will be linked to the Bhim UPI app.
• Customers of HDFC Bank, Punjab National Bank, Union Bank and Indian Bank will be the first to take advantage of this innovation.
Chief Minister M K Stalin launched the Sanitation Workers Development Scheme in which city in December
A. Chennai B. Kanyakumari
C. Madurai D. Coimbatore
Answer- C. Madurai
• CM M K Stalin launched the SwachhtaKarmachariVikasYojana in Madurai on 9 December 2022. He unveiled the logo for sanitation workers in the state.
• He also launched a mobile app “SHWAS” (Sanitation Workers Health Welfare and Safety) under the scheme.
• Safety equipment like gloves and boots will be distributed to the beneficiaries under the scheme.
Recently, the _ printed the first banknote with women’s signatures.
A. Israel B. Russia
C. America D. Japan
Answer- C. America
• The signature of two American women printed on the US currency dollar, this is the first time in American history.
• One of these two women is US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Treasurer Marilyn Malerba.
Who became the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh in December 2022?
A. Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu B. Bhupendra Patel
C. Virbhadra Singh D. Mukesh Agnihotri
Answer- A. Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu
• Former Congress state chief Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh on 11 December 2022.
• He is a lawyer, and a graduate of Himachal Pradesh University.
• Bhupendrabhai Patel takes oath as the 18th Chief Minister of Gujarat.
• This is the seventh term of the BJP in Gujarat. Bhupendra Patel has become CM for the second consecutive time.
Who has become the first woman President of the Indian Olympic Association on 10 December 2022?
A. Mary Kom B. P.T. Usha
C. Veena Nair D. MeghnaAhlawat
Answer- B. P.T. Usha
• P.T. Usha was elected as the first woman President of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on 10 December 2022.
• Ajay Patel, Gagan Narang and Rajlakshmi S Dev have been elected vice presidents.
When is UNICEF Day celebrated every year?
A. 7 December B. 10 December
C. 11 December D. 8 December
Answer- C. 11 December
• The United Nations General Assembly established UNICEF on December 11, 1946, as the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund to improve the health, nutrition, education and general welfare of children devastated by World War II.
• The theme of 2022 is “All Girls Deserve Better – The World Disease Better”.
Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation has announced the winners of the Jamnalal Bajaj Award 2022. How many awards does the Foundation give in different categories?
A. 2 B. 3
C. 5 D. 4
• The foundation gives 4 awards in different categories.
• Nilesh Desai from Madhya Pradesh has been selected for creative work.
• MansukhbhaiPrajapati from Gujarat was selected for applying science and technology for rural development.
• Odisha’s Sophia Sac was chosen for the development and welfare of women and children.
• Dr OgiratYunan and Dr WalidSalyabi from Lebanon were awarded the Jamnalal Bajaj Award for promoting Gandhian values outside India.
Sulochana Chavan passed away in December 2022. Chavan has been awarded the Padma Shri in which year?
A. 2022 B. 2014
C. 2020 D. 2015
• Siddha Lavani singer Sulochana Chavan passed away on December 10, 2022.
• Chavan was awarded the Padma Shri in March 2022.
• She has also been awarded the title of “Lavani Samardani” (Queen of Lavani) for her singing contribution to the art genre.