43. The largest organ of human body is–
44. Which one of the following is the smallest endocrine gland in human body?
45. The ability of the eye to see in the dark, is due to the production of a purple pigment known as–
46. Which one of the following organ excretes water, fat and various catabolic wastes?
(D) Salivary Glands
47. Pituitary gland is situated in the–
(A) Base of the heart
(B) Base of the brain
48. The colour of the eye depends upon the pigment present in–
49. Enzymes are–
(C) Inorganic Compounds
50. The largest mixed gland of human body is–
51. A medicine which promotes the secretion of urine is called–
52. The chemicals released by one species of animals in order to attract the other members of the same species are–
(B) Nucleic acids
53. The source of the enzyme, diastase is–
(A) Salivary Gland
54. Blood pressure is controlled by–
(A) Adrenal Gland
(B) Thyroid Gland
(D) Corpus Luteum
55. Vitamin-E is particularly important for–
(A) Development of teeth
(B) Carbohydrate metabolism
(C) Normal activity of sex glands
(D) General health of epithelial tissues
56. In which of the following generally hormone is not found?
57. The colour of human skin is produced by–
58. The enzyme that is present in the saliva of man is–
59. Which one of the following does not secrete any digestive enzyme?
(B) Salivary Gland
(C) Glands of small intestine
60. The function of Trypsin is to–
(A) Breakdown Fats
(B) Synthesise Proteins
(C) Breakdown Proteins
(D) Breakdown Carbohydrates
61. The trace metal present in insulin is–
62. The body temperature is regulated by–
(A) Pituitary gland
(C) Pineal gland
(D) Thyroid gland
63. Which of the following hormone is released in excess quantity during excitement?
64. A person will have brown eyes, blue eyes or black eyes depending on the particular pigment in the–
65. Which of the following structure present in mammalian skin directly helps in keeping the body warm?
(A) Pigmented Cells
(B) Sweat Glands
(C) Lymph Vessels
(D) Blood Capillaries
66. Which of the following makes the skin layer impervious to water?
67. The development of an egg without fertilisation is called–
68. Sea sickness is due to the effect of the motion of ship on–
(A) Internal Ear
69. What part of the eye gets inflamed and becomes pink when dust gets into?
70. Out of the following glands which is referred to as the master gland?
(B) Adrenal Gland
71. Which one of the following is found only in women?
72. Which is the gland that holds the body’s thermostat?
73. Where is the pineal gland situated?
(A) In the Liver
(B) In the Brain
(C) In the Kidneys
(D) In the Uterus
74. Which one of the endocrine gland is known as Master Gland?
75. Estrogen and progesterone control and stimulate the growth of–
(A) Pituitary Gland
(B) Thyroid Gland
(C) Mammary Gland
(D) Supra renal Gland
76. The membrane covering the lungs is a–
77. The acid present in gastric juice is–
78. The organ which stores carbohydrates as glycogen in the human body is–
79. Bile is stored in the–
(A) Gall bladder
80. Which of the following cells secrete insulin?
(A) Alpha Cells
(B) Delta Cells
(C) Nerve Cells
(D) Beta Cells