81. Which of the following is not a gland?
82. Metabolism is referred to as–
(A) Synthesis of biomolecules
(B) Breaking down of biomolecules
(C) Synthesis and breaking down of biomolecules
(D) Recycling of biomolecules
83. The functional unit of ‘kidney’ is–
84. An antibiotic is–
(A) A chemical synthesised by a human cell against an microorganism
(B) A chemical synthesised by a microorganism against another microorganisms
(C) A substance produced by blood cells against bacteria
(D) A substance produced by blood cells against infection
85. Allosomes are–
(A) Cell organelles
(B) Plant hormones
(D) Sex chromosomes
86. The number of chromosomes present in normal human being are–
87. Amniocentesis is a method for
(A) Determination of foetal health conditions
(B) Determination of the amino acids sequence
(C) Inducing abortion
(D) Artificial insemination
88. Which cells in pancreas produce Insulin ?
(C) Corpus epididymis
(D) Islets of Langerhans
89. The hormone that stimulates heart beat is
90. Which of the following is an emergency hormone in humans?
91. Which is the second largest gland of Human body?
(B) Large Intestine
92. What does Trypsin do?
(A) Breaks down Carbohydrates
(B) Synthesizes proteins
(C) Breaks down fats
(D) Breaks down proteins
93. What may be the cause of malfunctioning of thyroid gland?
(A) Iodine deficiency
(B) Iron deficiency
(C) Calcium deficiency
(D) Vitamin C
94. Which was the first enzyme isolated in pure crystalline form ?
95. What is true about viruses without exception?
(A) They contain a core of RNA
(B) They can infect bacteria
(C) They cannot produce antibodies
(D) They cannot multiply only in host cells
96. Which are not included in the milk-teeth in a child of 3-4 years ?
97. Bile is secreted by :
(A) Gall bladder
(C) Bile duct
98. Which one of the following is the smallest endocrine gland in human man body?
99. Which one of the following organs converts glycogen into glucose and purifies the blood?
100. Which of the following is not an endocrine gland?
101. An example of protein which acts as a hormone is :
102. The hormone used as an oral contraceptive is:
103. Conglobate gland is a leaf like structure found in
(A) Female Cockroach
(B) Male Cockroach
(C) Male Ascaris
D) Female Ascaris
104. Lactogenic hormone is secreted by
(A) Mammary glands
105. Which glands in the human body regulates the secretion of hormones from the pituitary glands?
(A) Thymus gland
(B) Thyroid gland
(C) Adrenal gland
(D) Hypothalamus gland
106. Insulin :
(A) Increase blood sugar
(B) Decrease blood sugar
(C) Constricts blood vessels
(D) Stimulates lactation
107. An example of hormone is
108. The hormone that stimulates heart beat is :
109. Which of the following cells secret insulin?
(A) A cells
(B) B cells
(C) G cells
(D) Nerve cells
110. Which of the following glands secret growth hormone?
(B) Pituitary Gland
111. Which of the following drug is used to get pain relief in muscles?
112. Which of the following gives colour to human skin?
113. Which of the following human gland produces Insulin?
(D) Pituitary Gland
114. At which period of life, body undergoes changesleading to reproductive maturity?
(C) Adrenaline change
(D) Target period
115. Neurons are part of which system of human body?
(A) Circulatory system
(B) Excretory system
(C) Reproductive system
(D) Nervous system
116. Where is pituitary gland situated?
(A) Near stomach
(B) Near lungs
(C) Near kidney
D) Near brain
117. Synapse gap is present between which of the following?
(A) Two neurons
(B) Brain and Spinal Cord
(C) Two Kidneys
(D) None of these
118. Which of the following is not a plant hormone?
119. What is the name of the hormone produced by thymus gland?
120. Insulin is a kind of _____
121. Which of the following is responsible for giving colour to human skin?
122. Which among the following is/are female hormones?
(ii) Progeste rone
(A) (i) and (iii)
(B) (i) and (ii)
(C) (ii) and (iii)
(D) Only (iii)
123. Which of the following is the largest gland in human body?
124. In which of the following class can we put Adrenaline?