1. Vegetable are spoil because they contain rich amount of
(C) Vitamin (D) Enzyme
2. Which of the following organs convert glycogen into glucose and purifiers blood?
(A) Liver (B) Kidney
(C) Lungs (D) Dvodenum
3. Table Sugar, is which kind of sugar?
4. Lemon is sour due to–
(A) Acetic Acid (B) Ascorbic Acid
(C) Tarteric Acid (D) Citric Acid
5. Saliva help in the digestion of –
6. In which following part cross the digestion andrespiratory pipe–
A. Digestive system
7. Corn is a rich source of–
8. Milk converts into cogulated milk or curd with the help of enzyme.
(A) Renin (B) Pepsin
(C) Resin (D) Citrate
9. Sour milk contain –
(A) Acetic acid (B) Tartric acid
(C) Citric acid (D) Lactic acid
10. Which of the following Gland not release digestive enzyme–
(B) Salivary Gland
(C) Intestinal Gland
11. Human body mostly get energy in form of?
(A) Protein (B) Mineral
(C) Vitamin (D) Carbohydrate
12. In milk which of the following pair of protein and carbohydrate found–
(A) Casin, Sucrose
(B) Casin, Lactose
(C) Casin Maltose
(D) Albumin, Glucose
13. Which of the following is involve in animal food?
(A) Glycogen (B) Protein
(C) Cellulose (D) Fat
14. Which one of the following organs converts glycogen into glucose and purifies the blood?
(A) Liver (B) Kidney
(C) Lungs (D) Spleen
15. Which of the following acid is synthesised in human stomach?
(A) Sulphuric acid
(B) Nitric acid
(C) Hydrochloric acid
(D) Phosphoric acid
16. The saliva helps in the digestion of–
17. Bile is secreted by–
(A) Gall Bladder
(C) Bile Duct
18. Which one of the following is not a benefit of saliva?
(A) It facilitates swallowing
(B) It increases RBCs in the body
(C) It keeps the mouth and teeth clean
(D) It aids speech by facilitating movements of lips and tongue
19. Which part of tongue bears cells for sour taste?
(A) Front (B) Back
(C) Sides (D) Middle
20. The Process of digestion is helped by–
21. Which one of the following is not a digestive enzyme?
22. Which of the followin[g group of organisms digest their food before it actually enters the orgnaism?
(A) Bacteria and Protozoa
(B) Bacteria and Fungi
(C) Fungi and Protozoa
(D) Mucor and Rhizopus
23. Which one of the following four secretions, is different from the remaining three in regard
to it mode of transport from the source gland to the site of action?
(A) Saliva (B) Sweat
(C) Bile (D)
24. Which enzyme is present in all members of the animal kingdom except Protozoa?
25. Which of the digestive organs contains acid?
(B) Sma11 in testine
26. The fat digesting enzyme Lipase is secreted
by which of the following
(C) Large Intestine
27. Which organ does detoxification and produces chemicals needed for digestion?
(A) Salivary glands
(C) Thyroid gland
28. Which one of the following is not a digestive enzyme?
29. Dehydration in human body is caused due to the deficiency of –
30. Sea sikness is due to the effect of the motion of ship, on
(A) Internal ear
31. The end product of the digestion of starch in the alimentary canal is –
(A) Glucose (B) Galactose
(C) Maltose (D) Isomaltose
32. Which of the following does not provide any energy?
33. Which enzyme conver[SSC Combined Matric Level 1999]
(A) Pepsin (B) Trypsin
(C) Erepsin (D) Enterokinase
34. Metabolism is referred to as
(A) Synthesis of biomolecules
(B) Breaking-down of biomolecules
(C) Synthesis and breaking down of biomolecules
(D) Recycling of biomolecules
35. In igestion, proteins are convered into
(A) Fatty acids (B) Glucose
(C) Amino acids (D) Maltose
36. Which carbohydrate is used in silvering of mirrors?
(A) Fructose (B) Sucrose
(C) Glucose (D) Starch
37. The source of the enzyme, diastase is
(A) Salivary gland
38. Liver is a rich source of:
(B) Fat soluble vitamins
39. Emulsification is
(A) Breaking fats into small globules
(B) Digestion of fats
(C) Absorption offats
(D) Storage of fats
40. Proteins are digested by
41. Endoscope is an instrument used to detect theulcers in the stomach has long narrow tube (with
a small glowing bulb at one end) which is inserted in to the stomach throught the mouth contains.
(A) Small current carrying wire
(B) A narrow tube containing water
(C) Optical fibre
(D) A narrow tube containing some chemical solution
42. What are the folds found in the mucous lining of the empty stomach?
43. Which of the digestive organs contains acid?
(B) Small intestine
44. Which enzyme digestes proteins in the stomach?
(C) Salivary amylase
(D) Pancreatic canal
45. Where is bile stored?
(C) Gall bladder
46. Bile is produced by which of the following gland?
(C) Gall bladder
47. How many canine teeth are there in adult human?
(A) 2 (B) 8
(C) 6 (D) 4
48. Where does Amoeba digests its food?
(C) Food Vacuole
(D) Cell membrane
49. Buccal cavity is a component of which organ system?
(A) Digestive system
(B) Respiratory system
(C) Circulatory system
(D) Reproductive system
50. The faecal matter is removed through the anus from time to time is known as _____.
Ans. (B) (
51. Which organ has finger like outgrowths which are called as Villi (Singular Villus)?
(A) Large Intestine
(C) Small Intestine
52. Cattle quickly swallow grass and store it in their __________.
(C) Small intes tine
(D) Salivar y glands