35. Which of the following causes malaria?
36. Which of the following disease usually spreads through air?
37. Which one of these is a communicable disease?
38. Smallpox is caused by–
(A) Rubeola virus
(B) Variola virus
39. Typhoid is caused by–
(D) Salmonella typhi
40. Which one of the following pair is correctly matched?
(A) Tetanus : BCG
(B) Tuberculosis : ATS
(C) Malaria : Chloroquine
(D) Scurvy : Thiamin
41. Yellow fever is transmitted by–
42. Tetanus is caused by–
43. The vaccination against smallpox involves the introduction of–
(A) Killed germs
(B) Weakened germs
(C) Live antibodies
44. Pick out the disease among the following–
45. AIDS is a/an–
(A) Bacterial Disease
(B) Viral Disease
(C) Fungal Disease
(D) Algal Disease
46. Pellagra and Scurvy are caused by which pair vitamin deficiency respectively _______.
(A) Vitamin C and Vitamin D
(B) Vitamin B3 and Vitamin C
(C) Vitamin C and Vitamin A
(D) Vitamin A and Vitamin B12
47. What does the term ‘Ebola’ stand for?
(A) A viral disease outbreak in West Africa
(B) A viral disease outbreak in Bangladesh
(C) A city in Syria destroyed by ISIS.
(D) None of the these
48. The virus of AIDS affects the growth of_________.
(B) RBCs in blood
(C) T cells in blood
(D) Grey cells in brain
49. If waste materials contaminate the source of drinking water, which of the following diseases will spread?
50. Diabetes is caused by
(A) Excess of insulin
(B) Low production of Insulin
(C) Malfunction of liver
(D) Higher production of bilirubin
51. Pneumonia affects which of the following organs of human body?
52. Mesothelioma is a type of cancer. The most common area affected in it is the lining of the _____.
53. Which type of pathogen causes the waterborne disease E. coli Infection?
54. Which type of pathogen causes the waterborne disease HepatitisA?
55. _____is a condition in which there is a deficiency of red cells or of haemoglobin in the blood.
D) Keloid disorder
56. _____is a drug that makes your heart work more slowly, used for treating high blood pressure.
57. Which of the following disease is caused due to the deficiency of protein?
(D) Night Blindness
58. Which disease is caused due to deficiency of Iron?
59. Carcinogenic chemicals cause
(A) Heart diseases
60. The disease caused by Asbestos is :
61. ‘ELISA’ test is employed to diagnose:
(A) Polio virus (B) AIDS antibodies
(C) Tuberculosis bacterium
62. Kidney disease in man is caused bu the pollutant:
63. Why excessive heating and repeated use of cooking oil is most undesirable?
(A) The oil vapours can cause indoor pollution
(B) Carcinogenic substances like benzpyrene are produced
(C) Nutrient value of food is lost
(D) Loss and wastage of oil
64. A ‘breath test’ used by traffic police to check drunken driving uses:
(A) Potassium dichromate-sulphuric acid
(B) Potassium perma-nganatesulphuric acid
(C) Turmeric on filter paper
(D) Sillica gel coated with silver nitrate
65. Tyhoid fever is caused by-
66. Which was the first antibiotic-
67. Locked jaw disorder is the other name of the disease
(B) Muscular disorder
68. Which of the following tests helps in diagnosis of cancer ?
(A) Urine test
(B) Blood test
69. The causative organism of dengue fever is
70. Which from the following diseases usually spreads through milk?
71. Insects responsible for transmitting diseases are called
72. Which of the following is effective against tuberculosis?
73. Tamiflu is frontline drug against
(A) Bird flu
74. Which among the following is used in the treatment of tuberculosis?
75. Which part of human body is first highly affected by nuclear radiation?
(D) Bone Marrow
76. Cancer is a disease where we find uncontrolled
(A) Cell division
(B) Cell swelling
(C) Cell inflammation
(D) Cell deformity
77. Triple vaccine is administered to a new born child to immunize it against
(A) Whooping cough, tetanus and measles
(B) Whooping cough, tetanus and diptheria
(C) Tetanus, diphtheria, measles and rubella
(D) Tetanus, diphtheria, small pox and rubella