78. Which one of the following is not a mosquito borne disease?
(A) Dengue fever
(C) Sleeping sickness
79. Which of the following is not transmitted via blood transfusion?
80. Jaundice is a symptom of disease of
81. Which one of the following is a viral disease in man?
82. Anaemia occurs due to the deficiency of
(C) Folic acid
83. Amoebic dysentery is caused by
(A) Entamoeba histolytica
(B) Salmonella typhi
(C) E. coli
(D) Streptococcus pyogenes
84. The toxicity of which of the following heavy metals leads to liver cirrhosis?
582 Biology Rakesh Yadav Readers Publication Pvt. Ltd.
85. BCG immunization is for
86. Which one of these is a communicable disease?
87. The concentration of which of the following decrease in anaemia?
88. Which of the following diseases usually spreads through air?
89. Ringworm is a …… disease.
90. Amoebiasis is causing
(C) Severe cold
(D) Headache and cold
91. High level of uric acid in the blood causes
92. A disease caused by Protozoa is
(A) Common cold
93. The radioactive Stronitum-90 cause:
(A) Brain cancer
(B) Skin cancer
(C) Lung cancer
(D) Bone cancer
94. All are protozoan diseases except
(B) Oriental sores
(C) Sleeping sickness
95. Immunization is a phenomenon of formation of antibodies by using inactive
96. In our body, antibodies are formed against pathogens in
(A) Liver by RBC
(B) Blood by platelets
(C) Brain by macrophages
(D) Thymus by lymphocytes
97. Which of the following can be used for biologicals control of mosquitoes?
(A) DDT (B) Gambusia
(C) Oil (D) Ointments
98. Malaria is transmitted from one person to another by:
(A) Aedes Mosquito
(B) Culex Mosquito
(C) Anopheles Mosquito
(D) All of the above
99. Leech is an ectoparasite on cattle which is
100. Match correctly the insect vectors in List I with the diseases transmitted by them given in List II:
List I List II
A. Anopheles (female) 1. Kala-azar
B. Culex 2. Sleeping sickness
C. Sand fly 3. Filariasis
D. Tse-tse fly 4. Malaria
A B C D
(A) 1 4 2 3
(B) 2 1 4 3
(C) 3 2 1 4
(D) 4 3 1 2
101. Myopia is a disease conncted with
102. Which one of the following types of malaria is pernicious malaria?
103. Which one of the following is the infective stage of the Malarial Parasite?
104. In B.C.G. Vaccine the word ‘C’ stands for:
(A) Calmette (B) Cough
(C) Chlorine (D) Cadmium
Ans. (A) (SSC CGL 2015)
105. The disease which has been eradicated :
(C) Small pox
(D) Chicken pox
106. Which endocrine gland is found in chest cavity?
(A) Pineal gland
(B) Thymus gland
(C) Adrenal gland
(D) Thyroid gland
107. Which cell disorder in our body is responsible for colour blindness?
(B) Cone cell
(C) Red Cell
108. Which part of human body is affected by the ALZHEIMER’S disease?
(C) Immune System
Ans. (D) (SS