31. The smallest size of a cell that can be seen with naked eye is:
(A) 1 micron (B) 10 micron
(C) 100 micron (D) 1000 micron
32. Which of the following micro-organisms is used in milk curdling?
(A) Acetobacter (B) Leuconostoc
(C) Bacillus (D) Lactobacillus
33. ‘Plague’ is caused by ____________.
(A) Bacteria (B) Protozoa
(C) Virus (D) All of the above
34. An Antigen is
(A) The result of Antibody
(B) The opposite of Antibody
(C) The stimulus of Antibody
(D) The residue of an Antibody
35. AIDS virus destroys
(A) Lymphocytes (B) Monocytes
(C) Neutrophils (D) Basophils
36. Which bacterial strain developed from natural isolates by genetic manipulations can be used for treating oil spills?
(A) Pseudomonas (B) Agrobacterium
(C) Clostridium (D) Nitrosomonas
37. Rinderpest disease of Cattle is caused by
(A) Insects (B) Bacteria
(C) Virus (D) Protozoa
38. Bacteriophage was discovered by-
(A) Felix d’ Herelle and Frederick Twort
(B) Kluyver and Niel
(C) Paul Ehrlich
(D) Burrill and Smith
39. Bacterial cells do not have-
(A) Cell wall (B) Plasma membrane
(C) Ribosome (D) Mitochondria
40. Rhizobium is a kind of
(A) Photosynthetic bacteria
(B) Symbiotic bacteria
(C) Parasitic bacteria
(D) Saprophytic bacteria
41. Number of mitochondria in bacterial cell is
(A) One (B) two
(C) many (D) zero
42. The harmful substances Produced by the microbes are known as
43. Interferons are synthesized response in
44. Pneumonia is a bacterial disease caused by the type of bacteria called ______ .
(A) Bacilli (B) Cocci
(C) Sprilli (D) Vibrio
45. The chemical component that is invariably found in all viruses is:
(A) Proteins (B) Lipids
(C) DNA (D) RNA
46. Bacterial decomposition of biological material under anaerobic condition is
(A) Fermentation (B) Fertilization
(C) Contamination (D) Composting
47. Bacteria was discovered by
(A) Antonie von Leeuwenhoek
(C) Hugo de Vries
(D) Robert Brown
48. Which of the following induces nitrogen fixation in soil?
(A) Protozoa (B) Bacteria
(C) Fungi (D) Algae
49. Which of the following organisms are considered to be both Living and Non-living?
(A) Bacteria (B) Fungi
(C) Algae (D) Virus
50. Which type of pathogen causes the waterborne disease Salmonellosis?
(A) Algal (B) Parasitic
(C) Bacterial (D) Viral
51. DPT vaccine is categorized as which of the following?
(A) Anti viral vaccine
(B) Anti protozoan vaccine
(C) Anti rickettsia vaccine
(D) A combined vaccine
52. Early blight is a common disease seen in which of the following?
53. Red rot is a disease caused by which of the following plant?
54. Which of the following is/are plant disease:
I. Citrus canker
II. Hepatitis B
(A) Only I
(B) Only II
(C) Only I and III
(D) Both I and II
55. Which of the following is/are plant disease:
I. Citrus Canker
II. Rust of Wheat
III. Yellow vein Mosaic of bhindi
(A) Only I (B) Only II
(C) Only I and III (D) All are correct.
56. Which of the following is one of the commercial products obtained from Gonidium and Gracillariid
and are used to grow microbes and in preparations of icecreams and jellies?